Belgrade View Full-time | Apply Form
Technology and the ability to gather and manipulate vast quantities of data have fundamentally altered the way that company’s collect, process, analyze, and disseminate information. Business leaders worldwide are struggling to comprehend the advantages of this collected information to improve insights and decision making. The breadth of the data problem, as seen from an IOT edge perspective, is striking: Drivosity needs to process, interpret and disseminate data collected by an increasingly large and diverse array of sources and sensors—each capturing volumes of data on orders of a far larger magnitude than just a few years ago.
Drivosity is looking for a Data Scientist. Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Experienced commercial side data science with “hands-on” and theoretical approaches
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive insights and improvement of product offerings
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, service targeting and other business outcomes.
In this role, you should be detail-oriented and possess excellent theoretical and practical data science skills. Ultimately, you will ensure that Drivosity’s product suite stays aligned to growing customer needs and evolving big data market landscapes.
- Apply theories, conduct experiments, and undertake studies and tests using advanced data mining and modeling techniques
- Interpret data and trends and present material using compelling data visualizations
- Find creative approaches and bring new perspectives on available data to provide insight into performance across business sectors
- Work with the machine learning group to develop complimentary big data sets
- Advise on best practices and approaches using best available toolsets, while suggesting and helping to implement new tools
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities to advance machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets
- Work with internal and external customers to analyze data lake needs and align to product roadmap and Drivosity’s customer goals
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees and text mining
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python and SLQ
- Experience using Sage Maker and Redshift web services
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees and neural networks
- Ability to convert multiple, sometimes conflicting data sets into both short- and long-term business requirements for Product delivery
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Strong ability to effectively manage time to complete assigned tasks